Join the Exceptional
Carey Pet Team!
As we continue to grow, we are always on the lookout for great, experienced sitters. The nature of our business allows a flexible schedule for reliable, organized animal lovers with excellent time management skills.
Our pet visits provide an incredible opportunity to spend time with a variety of animals to supplement an existing income. Pet visits range from stopping by while their parents work or travel, to staying overnight at a client’s home to ensure the safety of their pets and household.
This type of work is a big responsibility – living, breathing animals will be relying on you to be a punctual, organized and competent care giver. Previous pet care experience, ideally dog walking, pet sitting, volunteering in a shelter, or working at a dog daycare, kennel, or veterinarian’s office is a plus. Trustworthiness, plenty of common sense, and an ability to follow detailed client instructions are key criteria to working with us.
We are the largest professional pet sitting service in the Oklahoma City Metro area. We are looking for persons with experience in animal care fields: previous professional pet sitting experience (other than friends or family), rescue fosters or volunteers, vet techs, kennel techs, dog daycare/boarding facility staff, etc.
Must be at least 21
Specific Locations: Mustang, Yukon, Norman, Far Northwest OKC/Deer Creek,
Generally: All OKC Metro area (see our Service Area)
NEEDING SITTERS WITH THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Independent Contractor and will receive a 1099 at the end of the year.
- No taxes deducted from pay.
- No mileage or gas reimbursement.
- SUPPLEMENTAL INCOME ONLY (However, the more open a contractor’s availability, the more sitting jobs will be offered.)
- Seasonal – we work when our clients are away – weekends, major holidays, spring and fall breaks, OU/TX weekend, etc.
COMPENSATION STARTS AT:
- $9.00 for a 30-minute visit first pet + $.50 per pet cared for within that visit.
- $13.50 for a 45-minute visit first pet + $.50 per pet cared for within that visit.
- $18.00 for a 60-minute visit first pet + $.50 per pet cared for within that visit.
- Daytime availability between 7am-5pm for dog walks, potty breaks, feeding visits, transports, etc. as requested by the client
- Open availability between 7am-10pm on any given day in time blocks or time frames that the client can choose
- Overnight availability between 7PM-7AM for either a 12-hour or 9-hour, depending on client’s request
- Major holiday availability is mandatory for all sitters – again, we work when they go away!
- Visits vary based on clients’ requests
- Visit clients’ pets in their own homes for varying lengths of time (minimum is 30 minutes, 45 minutes and/or 60 minutes each)
- Walk dogs as requested by client
- Feed and water pets as requested by client
- Make sure no damage is caused by pets in the absence of their owners
- Appropriate pet clean-up as required by client or if the pet has an accident in the home
- Communicate with management if issue/s arise during visits
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be at least 21
- Must have your own, reliable and insured transportation
- Must have a smartphone as well as a tablet, laptop or computer
- Willing to do visits up to a 10-mile radius from your home
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Able to follow detailed client instructions
- Must be responsible, reliable, dependable and follow through with commitments
- Must be timely and punctual
- Must be able to self-manage
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about and compassionate towards animals
- Must feel comfortable working with and interacting with both small and large animals
- Must be able to pass a thorough criminal background check
If you meet ALL the above requirements, please fill out our online application below.